Every day Every child.
Our vision is Bay Primary as a unique and inclusive centre of educational excellence.
Our mission is to build a school that:
- offers a caring, happy, family-friendly and open learning environment for children in our community
- regards love, charity, tolerance and friendship as its most important values
- is committed to the core values of a democratic and multicultural South Africa
- achieves academic and cultural excellence through a love of learning
- makes sure that each child becomes informed, skilled and self-confident
- promotes cultural diversity, creative arts, healthy outdoor activities, environmental awareness and social responsibility
- respects diverse views and does not tolerate any unfair discrimination based on race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other grounds
- inspires, motivates and supports employees who are passionate about education’s key role
- draws on the experience and leadership of employees and parents to achieve its vision
- develop its educational, cultural and sporting resources
- Tolerance and respect
- Accountability and responsibility
- Inclusivity and non-discrimination
Our senior campus in Kalk Bay, overlooking the Kalk Bay Harbour, started in 1876 as two little rooms adjoining the Dutch Reformed Church. Known then as the Kalk Bay Primary, it catered to Gr.1-8 (Sub-A-Std.6) pupils from the surrounding community until 1997, when it merged with Fish Hoek Preparatory School.
Fish Hoek Prep became Bay Primary's Junior campus, and now houses Gr. R - 4 classes, as well as an aftercare facility, while Gr. 5 -7 are located on the historic Senior Campus.In the olden days...
Bay Primary's commitment is to grow our children in mind, body and spirit, for the sake of all-round health. When we use the word discipline, it is with an awareness of its Latin roots: discipulus, which means learner and discere, which means to learn. We believe that the desire to learn is an inborn human trait - but to fulfill this desire at school, we depend on key qualities, such as honesty, dignity, respect, and insight into the consequences of behaviour. The purpose of our Code of Conduct is to create a protected, friendly environment for staff, pupils and parents alike.